Mr. Arun Wali, an expert in the field of Hotel Management services, has been associated with the Indian Travel and Tourism industry for over 40 years as Senior Journalist. Having visited and stayed in over 1,000 hotels in north, south, east and west India, he is an authority in auditing and giving recommendations in respect of their services.
He has, during his extensive travels, visited and researched tourist destinations all over India, recommended places to visit and gave suggestions to the Central & State Governments on destination improvement.
Writing for daily newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines, he has conducted extensive research on various aspects of domestic tourism and travelled all over India including visits to interior and remote regions for this purpose. He was associated with Airlines during his decade-long tenure with the Air Cargo industry.
- Conducted extensive research on the Travel & Tourism industry in India and abroad.
- Carried out market research on consumer behavior of tourists from various countries.
- Made formal suggestions to various Government Institutions as well as Professional Institutions in the formulation of strategies for development of Tourism in India.
- Written several articles and edited books on subjects related to Travel & Tourism, Culture, Heritage, Environment, Indian Politics, Economy and Defence services.
- Conducted several feasibility study reports.
- Chief Sub-Editor – Patriot, New Delhi
- Chief Sub-Editor – National Herald, New Delhi
- Chief Sub-Editor – Hindustan Times Publications, viz. “Morning Echo” and “Contour Magazine”
- Chief Sub-Editor – Statesman, visited areas such as the North-East, Kashmir, Ladakh and other strategic defence installations
- Chief Sub-Editor – Probe magazine, covered political events and specialized in investigative journalism
- Chief Sub-Editor – Sunday Mail
- Executive Editor – Cross Section Publications – “Travel Trends”, “Destination India”, “Travel Planner”
- Participated in South Asia Travel Trade Exhibition (SATTE) held in New Delhi and Sri Lanka
- Assisted in publication of news magazines during Travel Agents
- Association of India conventions held in Goa and Kolkata
- Publication of newsletters for Indian Association of Tour Operators
- Graduate Degree in Arts from Jodhpur University, Rajasthan, India Post Graduate Degree in English Literature from Delhi University, New Delhi, India
- Degree in Journalism from Punjab University, Chandigarh